Your Style Alike Essay #1 is due on Wednesday for 3rd and Friday for 6th - we will have computer lab time on both of those days, so you will have a chance to work for about 45 minutes on that day.
In class on Tuesday, we read Big Boy. Find and highlight patterns. Make a list of what makes it funny (3rd period, compare it to the toolkit list).
This is for SAX and American Lit ONLY.
Things that should be done by Tuesday (at the start of class):
One person’s essay should be read completely, and the author given help to make changes and improvements etc.
- Rainy River: read, see if you notice anything that repeats
- Google Form for BWP (bit.ly/choosebwp)
- Can be one for group, so long as all names are there
- Question must be research-able. So not “What will we learn in this class?”
- Watch the video for Derren Brown’s “Hero” - start at 1:45 and watch until the end. Write down what it says to write down on paper or type it in a document. Available at bit.ly/lab823 (or it is posted below)
- (4th period needs to watch the whole thing)
For class on Tuesday, we worked on the Hero tasks from the video, as well as reading and patterning "On The Rainy River." We also completed a writing warm-up, with is available with the google form on this playlist.